Saturday, July 2, 2011

Time to go to Mexico

I got up the next day and was going over my charts and books, when 2 men came up from a boat and started talking to me. They were helping me plan my route with the tide and curents and it just was not going to work with the time that I had and the charts that were wrong, not to say that my kayaking skills need to be a lot better, and my kayak is coming unglued again! I did not sit myself up to succeed and did not give the sea enuf respect, so after 4 days I am done. I love my life and my family and am not ready to resk loosing any of it. So I have 1 year to plan, if any one wants to go next summer, let me know because I now know that two or more people is much safer, than one.
I had a great time, learned a lot and now am going to Mexico to see my wife. Kelly

4 comments:

Boogaloo Bill said...

Kelly, I wondered about the route you were considering. Check out our kayak club's website www.NSSKA.com and see if you can go on any trips with us. You'll learn alot and maybe we can help you get better prepared for next year. I'm sorry it didn't work out this time, but better safe than sorry! Have fun in Mexico.

Unknown said...

Good Job Woodke. Great effort. You have done what most wouldn't think of doing. Have a great time in Mexico. MM

Unknown said...

Good work Kelly. I think you made a good call! I'm sure you learned enough to put you well on your way towards a successful trip next year. Have fun in Mexico!

Nick Duncan said...

We're glad you made the decision to stay safe for now, Kelly. Put the dream on hold for now and go have fun with family!!!
See you when you get back.