Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bellingham

Wow, what a good day, started off with the kayak expo in Seattle, got some really good information and instructions from very knowledgable folks. Then went to REI in Seattle this store is a dream to any outdoor enthuses, every think you could want. The building was enormous with natural wood and steal I-beams and animals carved out of wood.
I then drove to Bellingham and went to the Alaska marine ferry terminal, to see if I could find a place to leave my car for 6 weeks. They wanted $30 a week and I thought I'll keep looking. I pulled into the gas station, and as I was filling up, I asked a guy if he knew any place that had long term parking, he had a friend that lives across from the ferry terminal that might be able to help. I gave Brian a call and he said how much is it worth to you? I said how about 75 bucks, he said sounds good to him. So when I get done with my trip and come back on the ferry, I just need to walk across the road to pick up my car.

I then went to a store picked up some ribs and beer, went to a camp ground to eat and do some planning.
As I am writing this the next camp site over is playing live bluegrass music, how good can it get! Well it gets better because my wife just called and now the day is complete! Until next time, Kelly

2 comments:

Matt Lonergan said...

Have fun Kelly and stay safe.

Boogaloo Bill said...

Kelly, Good luck on your first day paddling! Enjoy Sucia Island.