Friday, June 10, 2011

Getting closer

Well I finalized what I am taking and what I am not taking (I think). All total weight 79lb with 2 weeks worth of food, I add water and there is another 30lb.
I should know where I can get water and will only pack as much as I need, until I get to the next water resource, so the weight will flocculate.
I feel I am taking the kitchen sink! But this is not a hurry up and get up there trip, it is a nice easy enjoyable get there when we get there trip, so I want some luxurious. I'm bringing a two man tent so I can spread out, a tarp so I can cook out of the rain. Books when the weather is bad and I just want to wait it out.

Here are some pictures of all I'm taking. Getting excited and scared all at the same time! Six weeks, to kayak up the inside passage, wow, I am truly blessed! 17 days until departure, start planning your dream! Until next time, Kelly

1 comment:

Doug said...

Hi Kelly, I saw your comment on Jonathan's blog...good luck on your trip! We kayaked the Inside Passage last Summer. It was awesome. We had a lot of weather days, and were really glad we brought a good tent and tarp. It is definitely the kind of trip you need to savor, no matter how it turns out. I'm looking forward to following your progress. - doug (www.kayakingforacause.com)