Saturday, June 25, 2011

First day!

Will, at 4 pm today I was ready to get this trip started, so I changed plans. I was waiting for a ride to Seattle that I found on Craigslist and did not want to wait any longer, so I text Jesse the driver and canceled. I loaded my gear and started driving!
I am 20 miles outside of Seattle at a rest stop and this is going to be my first nights camp. I am staying hear because it's cheep, and I want to go to the kayak expo that is in Seattle tomorrow, before I go to Bellingham.
So the plan now is to go to the expo then to Bellingham for the night, and then shove off monday morning.

One of my big worries was I was going to get to hot, in my drysuit. Mondays forecast says 76 degrees so I will find out real fast! Another worrie is my wife Margarita has been in Mexico for a week, and I already miss her like crazy. What's it going to be like for 7 weeks?
Will I'm going to put the back seat down, put earplugs in and see if I can get some sleep. Until next time, Kelly

2 comments:

Nick Duncan said...

I'm a little worried about you now Kelly. Twice in your post, you wrote "Will" instead of "well"...do you already have a soccer ball named Wilson as a friend?
Tom Hanks was on that island for many weeks before he started talking to a soccer ball, but hey, that's okay. We'll be here for you Kelly! :)))

bug said...

Hey Dad! I'm getting really nervous now, but I'm really excited to track you. I got your message last night I love you! Be safe we are praying for you every day!